Moser & Cie watches. Moser & Cie is a trademark of Moser Schaffhausen AG, a Swiss luxury watch manufacturer. H. Moser & Cie. was founded by the Swiss watchmaker Heinrich Moser in St. Petersburg, Russia in 1828. After Moser's death in 1874, the brand was sold and its factory in Russia was expropriated by the Bolshevik authorities in 1918. Moser is estimated to have produced around 500,000 watches in his lifetime. These watches ranged from basic three-hand watches to watches with more complications.
In 1953, H. Moser & Cie. continued its activities in Le Locle, Switzerland, where it shifted its focus from pocket watches to wristwatches. During the quartz crisis, H. Moser & Cie. became part of the Dixi Mechanique Group, and for some time the brand was discontinued. In 2002, Moser Schaffhausen AG was founded by Dr. Jürgen Lange and Heinrich Moser's great-grandson Roger Nicholas Balsiger, and in 2005 the H. Moser & Cie brand was officially relaunched.
Now this nearly two hundred year old brand is one of the few family-run independent watch companies today. With the fully integrated production of H. Moser & Cie. guarantees the high quality of all its handmade watches.